Adventures by the Book®, together with the Library Shop*, a non-profit gift shop supporting the San Diego Public Library, are pleased to invite you to San Diego’s biggest and most exciting book club extravaganza of 2018, our inaugural Book Club Bingo Adventure, featuring New York Times and international bestselling author Jenna Blum, together with at least 18 other amazing and talented popular book club authors, like Juliet Blackwell, Patricia Bracewell, Janelle Brown, Matt Coyle, Laura Dave, Kathi Diamant, Amy Mason Doan, Loretta Ellsworth, Liz Fenton, Janna King, Susan Meissner, Kitty Morse, Robin Oliveira, Kate Quinn, Kristin Rockaway, Marivi Soliven, Abbi Waxman, and J. Dylan Yates.
Your Book Club Bingo Adventure will be a daylong feast that includes:
- intimate author experiences
- book club bingo (of course!) with collectible game card
- morning pastries and coffee
- event program
- panel discussions and book signings with all authors
- a delicious buffet luncheon
- keynote lunchtime speaker Jenna Blum
- a signed, first-edition, hardcover cover of The Lost Family
- afternoon snacks
- drawings and giveaways
- the opportunity to be seated at lunch with at least one author
- Q&A sessions
- proceeds from all book sales will benefit the San Diego Public Library
- the opportunity to learn more about Traveling Stories, a fabulous non-profit organization dedicated to “outsmarting poverty one book at a time!”
- the opportunity to learn about our newest venture, NovelNetwork, which helps readers meet fabulous book club authors, and schedule in-person or video chat visits with them
NOTE: You do NOT have to belong to a book club to attend the festivities. All readers are welcome!
About the Participating Authors
Jenna Blum: Keynote Speaker
One of Oprah’s Top 30 Women Writers, Jenna Blum is the New York Times and international bestselling author of Those Who Save Us and The Stormchasersand the novella The Lucky One. She has taught novel workshops for 20 years at the famed Grub Street Writers in Boston, where she earned her M.A. at Boston University. In addition to interviewing Holocaust survivors for the Shoah Foundation, Jenna is a public speaker and avid cook and tests all the recipes in her novels. In her new novel, The Lost Family, this dynamic storyteller returns with an immersive, emotionally riveting family saga about the reverberations of World War II across generations.